Specialized Sports Medicine Services at RxDx SAMANVAY
Specialized Sports Medicine Services at RxDx SAMANVAY
Insoles & Customized Orthotics
These are devices inserted into your footwear to act as shock absorbers and cushion or distribute pressure across the foot. They support your arch, heels, or toes, and help improve your foot comfort. Gel, plastic, foam, insoles are available in a variety of materials.
While choosing the right insoles, we need to consider your foot size, footwear type, body weight, activity, and the pathology you have or your requirement. For example, a patient with diabetes or arthritis has different needs compared to a jogger with posture problems.
Your doctor (Sports Medicine Specialist or Podiatrist) may prescribe orthotics if you have any of these conditions
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Patello-Femoral Pain Syndrome
- Shin Pain
- Sever’s Disease
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ankle Pain
- Tired / Aching Feet
- Flat Foot
- Heel Spurs
Your doctor (Sports Medicine Physician) may prescribe Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections if you have complaints like
- Joint pain
- Musculoskeletal injuries (tendons, muscles, and joints)
- Reduced mobility
- This minimally-invasive procedure can escalate the healing processs
- Connective Tissue Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Remedial Massage
- Swedish Massage
Hydrotherapy can improve strength, fitness, and flexibility, and may be beneficial to those who require sports rehab, injury management, core strengthening, etc.
- Ankle, elbow, knee, hip fractures
- Sports Bone and soft tissue tumours
- Sclerotic tumours
- Osteolytic – ill-defined or well-defined
- Diabetic foot
- Fractures in Children
- Meniscal and Non-Meniscal pathology
- MRI traumatic changes
- Non-traumatic changes
- TLICS Classification of fractures
- Stress fractures
- US-guided injection of joints
- Carpal instability
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Tear
- Hip Labral Tear
- Joint injections / lubrications
- LCL (Lateral Collateral Ligament) Tear
- MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) Tear
- Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
- PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament) Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Sports hernia
- Sports injuries
- Tennis Elbow
Bone Age Assessment / Skeletal Maturity Determination
Besides medical and forensic use of this method in determining a person’s age, the method has great application in sports. Radiology (X-ray) of hand and wrist is studied to determine the age or maturity level.
We perform bone age verifications to screen out players with skeletal maturity that matches tournament guidelines and meets eligibility criteria and help confirm age against paperwork or documents. Our radiologists use latest AI software and manual interpretation to generate the reports and take quality assurance steps to ensure error free results.
Prestigious international and national sporting bodies like FIFA, AIFF and BCCI are known to use BA/SMA.
Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Power Training
- Sports-specific Cardios
- Conditioning for Sport and Performance
- Long term development
- Planning and monitoring
- Strength and fitness testing
Sports Specific Analysis
A running assessment serves the purpose of performance improvement and injury risk reduction. We use video analysis to look for reasons of recurrent injuries in a sportsperson. The observations can help tailor appropriate exercises and drills to improve the technique, strength, power, speed or endurance of a runner.
Our sports physiotherapists use their knowledge and skills to perform a biomechanical analysis using above and underwater video cameras. Entry level to elite, any swimmer can benefit from this service in terms of injury prevention and performance optimisation.
Fitness and Wellbeing Assessment
Best practice is to measure one’s training thresholds through baseline measurements and testing before planning a new programme. You will be able to optimise the efficiency of your training and take more confident steps towards your desired performance outcomes.
In a nutshell, you need to:
• Determine physiological baseline
• Develop training zones
• Monitor training adaptations
• Improve performance
• Get VO2 Max Testing
VO2Max and Anaerobic Threshold
We apply VO2 Max and anaerobic threshold testing to add specificity to the training regimes of coaches and athletes.
VO2 max is the maximal oxygen uptake or the maximum amount of oxygen you can use during intense exercise. VO2 max can establish the aerobic endurance of an athlete.
Cyclists, runners, triathletes or anybody who wants to identify baseline measures will find this test useful. The data obtained from this test can be used to establish training zones, design intervals, identify talent, monitoring and evaluation of specific training interventions.
Lactate Transition Thresholds
Anaerobic Power Testing
Long Term Athletic Development
The 7-stage framework of LTAD is applicable in all kind of sports and according to Canada Sport 4 Life, are:
- Stage 1: Active Start
- Stage 2: Fundamental
- Stage 3: Learn to Train
- Stage 4: Train to Train
- Stage 5: Train to Compete
- Stage 6: Train to Win
- Stage 7: Active for Life
Advise on WADA
The experts from RxDx SAMANVAY sports medicine team can help you understand the do’s and don’ts of antidoping guidelines adhering to international, national and tournament specific standards.
We may also recommend examination of your urine and blood sample for forbidden substances before tournaments to track your adherence to the guidelines.
- Presence of a banned substance in an athlete’s sample
- Use or attempted use of a banned substance and/or method
- Refusing to undertake a drug test when notified by official Doping Control Personnel
- Failure to file accurate athlete whereabouts information or receiving a missed test
- Tampering with any part of the testing process
- Possession of a banned substance and or method
- Trafficking of a banned substance and or method
- Administering or attempting to administer a banned substance and/or method to an athlete