Who is an Orthopaedist or Orthopaedic surgeon?
What conditions are treated by an orthopaedic specialist?
Usually people think that orthopedic doctors treat fractured bones and replace joints, but they also treat conditions like:
- Sports injuries
- Back pain
- Bone tumors
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, hand arthritis and other hand injuries
- Ligament tears
- Bow legs
- Hip dysplasia
- Foot and ankle injuries
When should I see an Orthopaedic specialist?
- Joint, bone or muscle pain that started after an injury
- Gradually increasing hip or knee pain
- Joint pain that is interfering with daily activities
- Gradually increasing neck or back pain
- Radiating pain in the arm or leg
- Moderate or advanced arthritis of any joint
- Previous unsuccessful treatment for joint pain
- Have been advised a joint replacement
What facilities are available at RxDx?
Facilities Available are:
- Consultation with experienced Orthopedic
- Arthritis Clinic
- Fracture Clinic
- Spine Clinic
- Sports Medicine department
- Physiotherapy department
- Basic orthopedic treatment including primary trauma
- Application of plaster of paris (POP)
- Buddy Strapping
- CDH/CDK (congenital dislocation of hip and knee)
- Closed reduction + POP application
- CTEV (club foot) correction by plaster (Ponsetti method)
- Intra articular injection
- Joint aspirations
- Nail excision
- Reduction of dislocated joints
- Wound debridement
What is different at RxDx?
At RxDx we provide everything you need in a single fully integrated health system. We have a team of doctors and therapists including physicians, orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine physician and physiotherapists – to resolve any issue related to bone, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. They work in close coordination to give you complete relief. We provide services you need to maintain optimal health over the course of your lifetime.