Exercise is Medicine (EIM)
RxDx SAMANVAY is a co-host of Exercise is Medicine (EIM) India National Centre under the aegis of Indian Society for Exercise & Sports Medicine (ISSEM) and American College of Sports Medicine.
Exercise is Medicine (EIM), an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)-managed global health initiative, aims to make physical activity assessment and promotion a standard in clinical care. The initiative connects health care with evidence-based physical activity resources for people everywhere and of all abilities.
EIM encourages physicians and other health care providers to include physical activity when designing treatment plans and to refer patients to evidence-based exercise programs and qualified exercise professionals. EIM is committed to the belief that physical activity promotes optimal health and is integral in the prevention and treatment of many medical conditions. To know more about the organization, click here.
Mission & Vision of the EIM India National Center
Vision: Widespread adoption of a holistic approach to Indian healthcare in which physical activity is integral to therapeutic practices.
Mission: To improve health outcomes by championing, raising awareness of, and building expertise in the use of physical activity as a standard therapeutic tool among healthcare practitioners.
Goals of the EIM India National Center
The Goals of the EIM India National Center are to:
1. To advocate for the incorporation of physical activity and the EIM principles throughout the healthcare system
2. To drive awareness and acceptance of physical activity among the public through education, promotion, prescription and community outreach
3. To train and certify healthcare and fitness service providers to incorporate EIM principles and physical activity into their approach
4. To partner with public health organizations, NGOs, companies and educational institutions to drive awareness, strengthen tertiary care facilities, and promote a preventative mindset to health management
5. To participate in and publish research and analysis about the impacts of physical activity on health.
6. To establish and host an annual conference promoting EIM principles and physical activity, building awareness and enabling practitioner interactions for the sharing of best practices and innovations.
About RxDx SAMANVAY (co host)
One of the flagship clinics of RxDx Healthcare, a Bengaluru-based NABH and NABL-Accredited multispecialty chain, RxDx SAMANVAY provides quality pre-hospital and primary care with a primary focus on fitness and physical therapies.
Established in 2018, the organisation houses consultants from a wide range of specialities & super specialities. The centre’s Orthopaedic, Sports Medicine, and Physiotherapy departments are supported by a state-of-the-art Gym, swimming pool, and Hydrotherapy chamber. RxDx SAMANVAY’s qualified exercise professionals run evidence-based exercise programs for clients and patients. We partner with corporates, manufacturing facilities, insurance companies, educational institutions, sports academies, national-level sports federations, and social organizations to provide a range of healthcare services.